Saturday, May 14, 2005

Vintage Sewing Buttons - How I Started Collecting Part 2

I found beautiful mother of pearl, blue glass, black glass, and several metal sewing buttons with pictures. I wanted to learn more about these beautiful sewing buttons. I was just getting started with selling antiques and and a dealer at an antique store suggested that I talk with "The Button Lady". They suggested I look up Helen Wicks, who was known in Minneapolis as the Button Lady. She was an antiques dealer who could be found at the Star of the North Antiques show and carried beautiful glass and pottery items and also sewing buttons.

I called her up and was amazed to learn that there was such a thing as a National Button Society. Each state has one and there is a National Convention every year. I was hooked!!!! I was ready to learn about Antique Sewing Buttons!!!! (Even though I couldn't sew a button on a shirt).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home